Equipment and Weapons discussion

A place for all your Dristin chat
Huxel
Re: Equipment and Weapons discussion

Post by Huxel » Sep 02, 2008 4:05 pm

I think that quests must give you exp points... and itens only droped by monsters...
like.. a demon helmet can only be obtained by killing a demon.. AND it has 0.001% to drop by demons.. got it?

lets see what we have in tibia... annihi... coud give you +1 lv and % to go next... like
i'm 10% do lvl 101... and i complete annihi, i got lvl 101 and 90% to lvl 102... so i need 10% to lvl 102... or... you gain the exp points needed to get lv 102 from 101 0%.. not this lvls... like:

(lvl+1 0% exp point) - (lvl 0% exp point) = gained exp by completing quest

So... you complete quests for lvl's...nice?

Ghostface

Post by Ghostface » Sep 03, 2008 9:42 pm

i like the idea of keeping the 'rare' items rare. non of this 'everyone gets a chance' bull shit

Taeorious

Post by Taeorious » Sep 04, 2008 12:34 am

Mimming wrote:
Taeorious wrote: Just some idea's, I don't think you need 58 different swords, if only 5 are going to be used. Afterall, what is the point in having them, if no one uses them?

This is just my opinion.

You wouldn't believe the number of times i have said these exact words to Craban/cipsoft in the proposals thread. Every time goes unanswered.
lol you've actually said that on the proposal board? I guess they think every new "city" they introduce needs its own unique weapons/armor variations.

Dajayman

Post by Dajayman » Sep 04, 2008 3:15 am

Not to mention all the useless very rare weapons you can get from PoI monsters.
\m/(^.^)\m/

Taeorious

Post by Taeorious » Sep 10, 2008 12:18 pm

Well there is nothing wrong with rare weapons with no use as long as they are truely rare. I logged into tibia the other week while on the road at work, killed a minotaur and got some taurus mace thingy. OK anyone can kill a minotaur and get this, yet I bet no one uses it? maybe people do, I don't know. If a rare useless weapon is on something such as...........a POI monster, the good. Becuase not everyone will even be able to kill those to get them. They will be like the rare useless items that demons drop.

I hate to compare tibia to the game that Rich and Doug are coding, but since that is where we all met, it is the only thing we have to compare this to. My apologies.

Darkrai

Post by Darkrai » Sep 10, 2008 7:14 pm

i think you dont really need all these weapons and armors just basic's. And maybe a few rare's and some deko's that look good and hard to get, you dont need alot to have a very good game. :D
¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸Live Free ,„ø¤º°¨
¸„ø¤º°¨Till i Die``°º¤ø„¸
¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø

Why try so hard to live, in the end we all die anyways.

Debukis Ondeteibou

Post by Debukis Ondeteibou » Sep 16, 2008 12:34 am

In my opnion, doesn't need lots of weapons, just the basic ones and the rare ones.. keep the basics to whoever gets them and the rares ones to who CAN get them, if you know what I mean.
Tell me right now, what have you got to lose?
What have you got to lose, except your soul?

Who's with us ?

HAIL FOUL SOULS !!!!!!

Grim

Post by Grim » Sep 23, 2008 11:48 am

The typical solution, yet effective;

I would suggest a forging system, where you could upgrade your current equipment to
+1, +2, ...+9 and so on. The higher the number goes, the higher risk of your equipment
'disintegrating' upon your attempt to upgrade it.

Of course, your equipment/weapon will have better defence/attack ratings upon success.
Eventually someone will end up with items like Cheese Sword(+13), which would be priceless.
Upgrading from +1 to +2 would be easy, but upgrading stuff like +11 would be like winning a lotto.

Abscess
Developer
Developer

Post by Abscess » Sep 23, 2008 2:50 pm

Interesting idea. I would have to say thats the first i've heard of a system like that. Was that from prior games played or just your own thoughts.
Signed,
-Ab

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Sep 23, 2008 6:23 pm

Grim wrote:The typical solution, yet effective;

I would suggest a forging system, where you could upgrade your current equipment to
+1, +2, ...+9 and so on. The higher the number goes, the higher risk of your equipment
'disintegrating' upon your attempt to upgrade it.

Of course, your equipment/weapon will have better defence/attack ratings upon success.
Eventually someone will end up with items like Cheese Sword(+13), which would be priceless.
Upgrading from +1 to +2 would be easy, but upgrading stuff like +11 would be like winning a lotto.
Cheese sword...Confirmed.
Regards
-Relic