Weekend update 3/1

All the latest Dristin info.
DZP
Re: Weekend update 3/1

Post by DZP » Mar 03, 2009 5:02 pm

Im not really concerned though coz i dont play anymore, but hell since one part of my post was in English they should let it go, I ve been banned more for the language (especially for the "offensive " one ];>~ ) than for PKing ;)

Well, some of the ideas could be

- Creating unique in-game language, which would exist only in the game, with simple grammar and words, so people could learn it fast and use it practically (that would involve creating some sets of tutorials, lessons, dictionaries),

-Mixing all most popular languages (in terms of words) and simplifying grammar ( The questions are - how to measure popularity ?, and how to merge Americano-European languages with all these freaky arabic /asian ones which are totally different )

- Adding English lessons to the game ,with guides how to use the knowledge in most effective way, I haven’t seen that in any online rpg game (hidden added –value service ? )

Well 'Dristin Yeah'..., The idea of RPG games is to role-fucking-play, most of the people dont feel the spirit (they play something because "others" play too), what for example may result in ppl spamming GOOOOOL all 90 minutes long on the trade chat while thier bot is advancing char from lev 100 to 105.. as if they couldn’t wank themselves instead…
Last edited by DZP on Mar 03, 2009 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keeper of death

Post by Keeper of death » Mar 03, 2009 5:31 pm

this is mad exciting, i can finally take a break from COD 4 and 5 lol

Shinta

Post by Shinta » Mar 04, 2009 5:15 pm

May I suggest a simple differnt lano chat chan? like the main game chat is english but have a side one for other ppl who dont speak it? unno just a thought
The bluest part of the sky seems so far away. I suppose thats what keeps us striving for it.

Why do people fear what they don't understand?

Abscess
Developer
Developer

Post by Abscess » Mar 04, 2009 5:19 pm

Shinta wrote:May I suggest a simple differnt lano chat chan? like the main game chat is english but have a side one for other ppl who dont speak it? unno just a thought
Thats a great thought, but it will still cause for the same result of seperating people into different groups.
Signed,
-Ab

Abscess
Developer
Developer

Post by Abscess » Mar 04, 2009 5:28 pm

DZP wrote:- Creating unique in-game language, which would exist only in the game, with simple grammar and words, so people could learn it fast and use it practically (that would involve creating some sets of tutorials, lessons, dictionaries),
An interesting idea in theory but a bad idea in practice. You would be forcing everyone to learn a new language just to play a game. Your average relaxed player wouldn't make the slightest effort and just by pass trying to play altogether.
DZP wrote:- Adding English lessons to the game ,with guides how to use the knowledge in most effective way, I haven’t seen that in any online rpg game (hidden added –value service ? )
Again most people don't want to "waste" their time on a game learning. And the extra effort we would have to put into that would hinder programing the actually game immensely and we all know we don't want that ;)
Signed,
-Ab

Debukis Ondeteibou

Post by Debukis Ondeteibou » Mar 05, 2009 5:37 am

I think it doesnt need to have more than one language. Althought english is the 'universal' one.
Tell me right now, what have you got to lose?
What have you got to lose, except your soul?

Who's with us ?

HAIL FOUL SOULS !!!!!!

DastiX

Post by DastiX » Mar 07, 2009 4:24 pm

I speak German and English, Most countries (especially in europe) people actually learn english as a subject in school and therefore can communicate on the basic levels quite easily. So just do as Tibia does and keep English the Universal language.
Also please dont create a 'dristin language' lol. I doubt anyone would actually bother to learn it and its very unecessary.

As for non english speakers. I think its fine if they speak their native tongue to each other. As long as they keep it out of public chats (like someone else already stated) But they should learn the very basic english words for things in the game so they can communicate with other players.
"We do not want an expanding struggle with consequences that no one can foresee, nor will we bluster or bully or flaunt our power. But we will not surrender and we will not retreat."

Letorian

Post by Letorian » Mar 26, 2009 5:43 pm

Well i think that at least in its first year, Dristin should be an english only game, the reason is simple, comunication.
When people argue about a certain issue in the same language, they will come to a solution eventually but not always (thats why we have lawyers), now imagine people with the same problem but speaking different languages..... total chaos.
If the others cant understand you, how will they agree with you??
I can tell from my own experience (from tibia of course) that in the first 3 years of Trimera`s existance, 90% of the trouble was caused by misunderstanding, especially because of the language. Those troubles created hate among the groups that only spoke a certain language (happened in other servers as well), that hate only became stronger along time and the result is a place where the pleasure of playing a game was lost cuz of the fights that hate created.
Another point (im sure most of you will disagree with me on that) is that in Brazil, for example, very few people speak english, not every school teaches english and when it does, it sux big time. No one can really learn english from the regular schools, we do learn english from private schools so we have to spend some extra money to do it, and we do that most of the time aimming for a better job (my case) or to travel. Why did i say all this? Well its cuz there are a lot of BRs that did fine in the comunity (maybe not a lot) but all of them spoke an understandable english and in most of times people that speak english in Brazil have a better education and can understand how things flow. In the other hand people that doenst speak english feel bad about it, so they envy the others that can communicate with each other (everyone not only brs), they end up being forced by the community to group up in guilds that have people in the same situation as them, but as i said before that only make room for more hate. I used Brazil as an example cuz it is the country i know best, but it probably happen in other countries too.
Its not that people from one country or another are better than the others, the problem is the abyss created by the different cultures of the world.
So, to end this post (ur prolly bored by now) i think the game should be english only in the beggining and as time goes by you could try some merging language interfaces or in my opinion, different servers for different languages, and if people that doesnt speak english wants to play on an english server, go learn english cuz it will help them in game and in life as well.

Laters
Hugs to all

Ettelen

Post by Ettelen » Mar 26, 2009 7:08 pm

Only one language would be fine.

The english ofc..
Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer