Dristin Roadmap

All the latest Dristin info.
Bringer
Re: Dristin Roadmap

Post by Bringer » Mar 12, 2008 9:34 pm

knight
–noun
1. a mounted soldier serving under a feudal superior in the Middle Ages.

pal·a·din
–noun
1. any one of the 12 legendary peers or knightly champions in attendance on Charlemagne.

rang·er
–noun
1. forest ranger.
2. one of a body of armed guards who patrol a region.

dru·id
-noub
1. a member of an order of priests in ancient Gaul and Britain who appear in Welsh and Irish legend as prophets and sorcerers.

war·lock
–noun
1. a man who practices the black arts; a male witch; sorcerer.

priest
–noun
1. a person whose office it is to perform sexual acts on young boys, and esp. to make sacrificial offerings.

:o

None of these go with any theme of any game out there. The class "lore" is taken very vaguely from these histories and made into RPG fantasy. Mostly... Barbarians were pretty true to their name in RL... Archers too... Rogues kinda too... Also maybe... Riflemen??

So basically, the Knights need horsies. The Paladins are super knights on horsies. Rangers need guns. Warlocks need dark magic. Priests need little boys and sacrifices. And Druids need to join other Prophets and Sorcerers in their land of Ireland.

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Mar 12, 2008 10:26 pm

The point was that it doesnt matter. We could call them clown and their function would be the same. We prefered to call them warlocks over mages/sorcs
Regards
-Relic

Magus Binx

Post by Magus Binx » Mar 13, 2008 4:44 pm

I want to play a Susan! :shock:

I had never actually looked up warlock in a dictionary heh, I just went with the definition I've developed over the years from numerous RPG type games. I agree that the name doesn't really matter, it is the content of the class that matters. If name really mattered, I would have complained in the Tibia forums about the name of "Paladin" on range damage class.

Fujiko-lupin

Lmao to Bringer's post

Post by Fujiko-lupin » Mar 16, 2008 1:37 am

I almost laughed out loud at work because of the comment on priest.

Bo Jiggity Jenkins

Post by Bo Jiggity Jenkins » Mar 18, 2008 7:45 pm

I would prefer them to be called Nancy, just because Susan really doesnt sound tough.

Matt the Hermit

Post by Matt the Hermit » Mar 23, 2008 9:37 pm

Item Durability and your view on the PVP System are probably what I'm going to look forward to the most, closely followed by the skills system.

I do have a question though: Some of the classes, such as priests and druids, seem like they are more helpers than individual fighters. Balancing out the skills into vocations like you have done usually makes for a fun environment getting to know people/working in groups, but I have to ask the question, will there be shared experience? Not necesarrily Player 1 takes 60% of monsters damage>Player 1 gets 60% of experience...but an equal distrubution (to people in the same level range) so that those who keep you alive and spend there time healing/buffering can still gain substantially enough to hunt...
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'M GOING TO SMACK YOU WITH A RAKE!

Abscess
Developer
Developer

Post by Abscess » Mar 24, 2008 7:29 am

We feel that both solo and group hunting are important. The only way to make group hunting worth while is to have some type of shared experience. A rough example of how this will work is like this: If all the players within a group are within x% of each other in level then they will all get x% of the total monster experience. We won't know exactly how it will be till we can do some testing on it.
Signed,
-Ab

Matt the Hermit

Post by Matt the Hermit » Mar 24, 2008 7:35 pm

Mmk! Thanks for the quick reply.

Best of luck to you guys!
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'M GOING TO SMACK YOU WITH A RAKE!

The Professional

Post by The Professional » Mar 29, 2008 8:24 am

Hmm Sounds exciting, I can't wait to play this game.
I'll quit tibia for this game. I've played WOw and i like some parto of wow + tibia = Dristin.... Lets get this game on the road. RElic...Peace out

Shinta

Post by Shinta » Apr 28, 2008 11:07 pm

welp I guess I am going go old school and make a knight but if you could customize the pets as bringer suggested I might try that out later on. I think all sounds pretty sweet and there is still so many ideas that could make this game even greater.
The bluest part of the sky seems so far away. I suppose thats what keeps us striving for it.

Why do people fear what they don't understand?