Version 0.002

All the latest Dristin info.
Scientist
Re: Version 0.002

Post by Scientist » Apr 12, 2015 12:27 am

Relic wrote:
HootYeah wrote:Was the last post on this forum back in 2012?!?!?!

HELLO?

HELLO!

Oddly enough I check the site everyday expecting something to happen...I should make something happen. Who would even care anymore though. WHO AM I EVEN TALKING TO!?!?
I would! Been checking the site every few months, waiting for an update. Great to hear something new is happening.

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Apr 12, 2015 11:00 am

Great to hear people are still checking in from time to time. Since so much time has passed since last touching the project, getting back up to speed has been tough. Steadily making progress though :)
Regards
-Relic

Volg Zangief

Post by Volg Zangief » Apr 15, 2015 7:50 pm

God damn it's great to see you guys giving it a last shot. I've been checking back here every few months too hoping for some news for some years now :lol: My visits here can now resume to being daily!

You guys sure have my support!

Scientist

Post by Scientist » Apr 24, 2015 1:22 am

Do you guys have any ideas for what you'd want contributed from the community?

I think it's an awesome idea to put the map editor online and take submissions for user generated maps, really excited about that. The sprites and graphics are a good idea as well, it will certainly free up your time.

How about things like quests? Genesis story, lore, pvp options, class types, creatures, NPC names and jobs... and a million others.

We're here to help, and we all have a few hours each week free at least. If you were to put up a new board every week like "This week we need 20 different types of tree sprites", or take submissions for a map of a city with a backstory for all of May...

I personally believe it is both a great way to involve the community, and save yourself the hassle of the smaller, time-consuming jobs.

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Apr 26, 2015 11:32 pm

Scientist wrote:Do you guys have any ideas for what you'd want contributed from the community?

I think it's an awesome idea to put the map editor online and take submissions for user generated maps, really excited about that. The sprites and graphics are a good idea as well, it will certainly free up your time.

How about things like quests? Genesis story, lore, pvp options, class types, creatures, NPC names and jobs... and a million others.

We're here to help, and we all have a few hours each week free at least. If you were to put up a new board every week like "This week we need 20 different types of tree sprites", or take submissions for a map of a city with a backstory for all of May...

I personally believe it is both a great way to involve the community, and save yourself the hassle of the smaller, time-consuming jobs.
We're open to most things really. I feel like some aspects of the game's information will need to be a bit tighter on who gets to know what when it comes to quest lines and details about mechanics, but quest story, lore, ideas and other things you mention are certainly things we'll welcome when we have a place to use it. We don't want to just wholesale solicit free labor but definitely when we are at the point that we can implement things the community provides, we will. There's also a bit of vetting that must happen when it comes to content creators to make sure there's no plagiarism or art theft or anything like that. Certainly a thing we will be doing.
Regards
-Relic