Welcome to the new site

All the latest Dristin info.
Camere
Re: Welcome to the new site

Post by Camere » Feb 24, 2008 3:52 am

is there like an actual game available for download already?

Mystical Avenger

Post by Mystical Avenger » Feb 29, 2008 2:48 am

;)

Infinity

Post by Infinity » Mar 15, 2008 3:59 am

A couple of things I've noticed:

1) Having to actually go into the unread thread to clear the unread status is counterintuitive; having to thumb through all of them to change the status is tedious. I could just ignore it, but then how would I ever know if there was a new post in a particular forum I like to browse?

2) The firey thing for the 'hot thread' basically covers up what color the thread status indicator is, so you can't tell if you've read it or not.

Suggestions:

1) Create a function that will find unread posts. Also, have the function clear the posts and set them to read status roughly 15 - 20 minutes after the last time the forum reader uses the function.

2) Thread subscriptions and a link that shows a list of you personal subscriptions with links to the threads themselves.

3) Change the firey thingy to an exclamation point, or have the actual fire change color to match the read/unread status.

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Mar 17, 2008 2:46 am

A couple of things I've noticed:

1) Having to actually go into the unread thread to clear the unread status is counterintuitive; having to thumb through all of them to change the status is tedious. I could just ignore it, but then how would I ever know if there was a new post in a particular forum I like to browse?
You can click 'mark forums read' or 'mark topics read' in either the main forum list, or individual forum. Both located at the top of the forum.
2) The firey thing for the 'hot thread' basically covers up what color the thread status indicator is, so you can't tell if you've read it or not.
I can easily tell the difference between the black and white one and the color one. On threads created by you, there will also be a orange dot. However the rest of the icon remains black and white if read, or color if unread. I'll try adding something to it to make it easier to tell the difference.
Suggestions:

1) Create a function that will find unread posts. Also, have the function clear the posts and set them to read status roughly 15 - 20 minutes after the last time the forum reader uses the function.
There are functions to 'View unanswered posts' and 'View new posts' both at the top of the forum.
2) Thread subscriptions and a link that shows a list of you personal subscriptions with links to the threads themselves.
Also located at the top of the forum, 'subscribe topic' & 'subscribe forum' respectivly.
3) Change the firey thingy to an exclamation point, or have the actual fire change color to match the read/unread status.
The fire (and entire icon) is in color if new/unread or black and white if read, as shown in the legend at the bottom of the forums.
Regards
-Relic

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Mar 17, 2008 2:52 am

oh by the way, you said this post didnt show up as new. It might be because this is an 'announcement' which is global to all the forum. not sure though.

edit: some research shows that this behavior is part of how the forum software works. Essentially 'global announcements' are not tied to a forum id, which keeps them from showing up as a new post. I'll look into modding that.
Regards
-Relic

DastiX

Post by DastiX » Mar 17, 2008 10:14 pm

Yeah this game sounds really fun, I cant wait for it to come out now lol

I really hope im one of the first to test it :D
"We do not want an expanding struggle with consequences that no one can foresee, nor will we bluster or bully or flaunt our power. But we will not surrender and we will not retreat."

Shinta

Post by Shinta » Apr 28, 2008 11:11 pm

Nice site but may I suggest a tiny thing. Is it possible to make the avatar requirments a bit bigger instead of like 64x64 make um abit bigger ?
The bluest part of the sky seems so far away. I suppose thats what keeps us striving for it.

Why do people fear what they don't understand?

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Apr 29, 2008 12:38 am

Shinta wrote:Nice site but may I suggest a tiny thing. Is it possible to make the avatar requirments a bit bigger instead of like 64x64 make um abit bigger ?

Changed them to 128x128
Regards
-Relic

Shinta

Post by Shinta » Apr 29, 2008 7:20 am

ty man you rock
The bluest part of the sky seems so far away. I suppose thats what keeps us striving for it.

Why do people fear what they don't understand?