2/15 - Weekend Update

All the latest Dristin info.
Relic
Developer
Developer
2/15 - Weekend Update

Post by Relic » Feb 15, 2009 7:20 pm

So since I filled everyone in earlier in the week, not a ton of news. Worked on some more sprites (which will usually be the case), And have spend alot of time on the network code. Working on the area of the map that will serve as the place you'll see when we start our beta (nothing soooo exciting), but its mostly waiting on additional artwork.

Question of the week - What would YOU name the first town of Dristin? And what would it be like?
Regards
-Relic

Debukis Ondeteibou

Re: 2/15 - Weekend Update

Post by Debukis Ondeteibou » Feb 15, 2009 8:33 pm

The city name could be something like:

-Driska or Diazera ?

And it could be a simple city, but the most important ( although is the first one ) with nice buildings, trees, stones, lights ( like torches, or something like it ). Doesn't need to have many things, just a nice look and place.
Tell me right now, what have you got to lose?
What have you got to lose, except your soul?

Who's with us ?

HAIL FOUL SOULS !!!!!!

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Feb 15, 2009 9:00 pm

Debukis Ondeteibou wrote:The city name could be something like:

-Driska or Diazera ?

And it could be a simple city, but the most important ( although is the first one ) with nice buildings, trees, stones, lights ( like torches, or something like it ). Doesn't need to have many things, just a nice look and place.
The question was what would YOU do/want ;)
Regards
-Relic

DastiX

Post by DastiX » Feb 16, 2009 3:33 am

Relic wrote: The question was what would YOU do/want ;)
Concordia = Latin Translation: Harmony

or something like:

Tyral (random thought lolz)
Drilia
Vamara
Inania

Mimming

Post by Mimming » Feb 16, 2009 5:34 am

Ok, i WANT your game to have a reoccurring theme to it, for an example, Tibia has many places named after bones, maybe you could have many places named after a metal or something.

Like the noob town would be called Copper, or copper something, and maybe the best town could be called titanium, and maybe the evil-ist town would be called Carbon

I want the first town to be small, compact, no 2 story buildings anywhere.
I want it to be a small run down town, you know, mud everywhere, few broken buildings, a small village with a few people
Its where i start, what I dont want, is to be thrown into a bustling city, i want to start off simple so i can learn everything, and then venture out to find the larger areas

Mimming

Post by Mimming » Feb 16, 2009 5:36 am

Oh, and i dont want to start in carlin, where i walk outside and get killed and wonder what the hell.
The first city shouldnt be popular once youve leveled up past 10 or 15, it will keep the noobs safe and learning, and keep the level 150's from seeing anything worth going there for, other than killling a level 6 and looting a short sword

Aurora Argon

Post by Aurora Argon » Feb 18, 2009 6:29 am

well, I have always had a love for the old way in which people would hang out in the x-roads of thais, way back in the day. I would love to see an area in the center of town, perhaps like central park in new york city, where players could go and hang out, and meet other people.

I would like to see the town somewhat zoned off, so that there arent houses next to shops, or next to taverns, since people often times get quite loud in pubs, and it wouldnt make sense to have people living so close to such loud noises.

as for a name, I would like to see a town with a name that is easy to understand and pronounce. I hate how in tibia i never know how to say the names of towns.... like how the hell is ab'dendriel pronounced really? and for that matter, is it THIGH-IS? THAY-IS? i dont have a clue how to say Thais....

maybe something simple like Havenwood, or Oakendale?

anyway, no matter what its called, i cant wait to see what it looks like on beta

DastiX

Post by DastiX » Feb 19, 2009 1:51 am

Aurora Argon wrote:
maybe something simple like Havenwood, or Oakendale?
Those names remind me of Fable kind of, even tho the names arent those lol. But I like those names keeps with the theme of the ages :)
"We do not want an expanding struggle with consequences that no one can foresee, nor will we bluster or bully or flaunt our power. But we will not surrender and we will not retreat."

Lady Horseman

Post by Lady Horseman » Feb 20, 2009 6:04 pm

Balice

I would make it a simple place. A primitive village with huts, small church, constable lodge, a merchant hunt, camp fires, a well for water in village and a stream near by a field of crops,(That spawn everyday at ss) ;) woods close by for hunting for food. etc. Not a rich look, more of the first settler type place.

Always, Lady H.

Shinta

Post by Shinta » Feb 26, 2009 2:13 pm

i was thinkin for a name "town of helix" , "helix" , or "Helix central"

I just guessed the name but helix central could be used seeing how its the center of the game . were u start unno
The bluest part of the sky seems so far away. I suppose thats what keeps us striving for it.

Why do people fear what they don't understand?