Weekend update 3/1

All the latest Dristin info.
Relic
Developer
Developer
Weekend update 3/1

Post by Relic » Mar 02, 2009 1:11 am

So this past week we've been hitting hit hard..keeping it real, doin it live, however you like it. Chat system has been reworked and its basically ready for the upcoming testing. We could put it up right now, but we have a few more things we want some people to 'break' in addition to the chat system, so we'll be adding that in this week. With luck, we will be doing some tests with people end of the week or end of next week.

-Rich
Regards
-Relic

Debukis Ondeteibou

Re: Weekend update 3/1

Post by Debukis Ondeteibou » Mar 02, 2009 2:16 am

I believe there are different Chat System in each game, I was wondering how the Chat System in Dristin would be ?
Tell me right now, what have you got to lose?
What have you got to lose, except your soul?

Who's with us ?

HAIL FOUL SOULS !!!!!!

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Mar 02, 2009 4:58 am

Debukis Ondeteibou wrote:I believe there are different Chat System in each game, I was wondering how the Chat System in Dristin would be ?
We designed the chat system in Dristin to be very similar to Tibias. Tibia has one of the best chat systems in both Doug and My opinions. It is very straight forrward, easy to use, and simple. FYI, Tibia's chat system is essentially the same format of most IRC clients, but it works very well.
Regards
-Relic

DZP

Post by DZP » Mar 02, 2009 9:43 am

i' cant wait for the flood of
PL? BR ? FLOOORIDA ? ;)

Shinta

Post by Shinta » Mar 02, 2009 4:12 pm

I want TO TEST. Also May I suggest maybe a filter for such stuff as DZP said. Is that possible? a language filter?
The bluest part of the sky seems so far away. I suppose thats what keeps us striving for it.

Why do people fear what they don't understand?

Mimming

Post by Mimming » Mar 03, 2009 4:33 am

I dont want this game to be catered for little kids :( i dont want language filter plx

Mimming

Post by Mimming » Mar 03, 2009 4:34 am

And i dont want to be banned for 7 days for saying ass or scum in general chat :(:(:(

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Mar 03, 2009 12:59 pm

DZP wrote:i' cant wait for the flood of
PL? BR ? FLOOORIDA ? ;)
Just go kill them then :P

As far as a language filter goes. If we implement something like that, it would be a client side thing. If you dont want to see certain words, you could filter them. If implemented, it would also be on by default with a checkbox to disable it.
Regards
-Relic

DZP

Post by DZP » Mar 03, 2009 1:36 pm

Yeah, i used to do it back in days in Thais , i was e-waving every single noob who was asking me PL ? or BR ?, but then bad ugly Strongbah used to come and was tellin me to stop :cry: ;)

@language
Pussysoft just gave me today, " a notification " ( well that's better than a ban, tough ) lol coz some part of my post was in polendish ;( Fukken RACIST !!!!1111oneone

as they really fucking care what i said to the friend ;)

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Mar 03, 2009 1:53 pm

DZP wrote:Yeah, i used to do it back in days in Thais , i was e-waving every single noob who was asking me PL ? or BR ?, but then bad ugly Strongbah used to come and was tellin me to stop :cry: ;)

@language
Pussysoft just gave me today, " a notification " ( well that's better than a ban, tough ) lol coz some part of my post was in polendish ;( Fukken RACIST !!!!1111oneone

-giant fucking pic-
as they really fucking care what i said to the friend ;)
Your post brings up a difficult issue that Doug and I are still deciding how we will deal with. I see their point about language enforcement. If there is a standardized language (whichever the developer decides it should be), that is what people should speak, be it on the forums, or in game chat channels. When you allow various languages, you bring in an additional division between people which shouldnt exist. When you are in tibia, you should be a tibian. Not a br, pl, canadian, usa, whatever. Real life countries SHOULD have no bearing on the game or its players.

That said, is banning players because they speak their naitive language good policy? I dont nessisarily think so, but I dont think everyone should be allowed to speak different languages in a common area (forum, public channels). The initial policy for Dristin will be that english is the choosen language of this game, and you should speak it anytime you are in public. How we move to enforce this policy once the game starts to take off, is yet to be determined. I will say its simply a huge negative to play a game such as tibia only to have everyone so divided based on their country. The fact that the game is accessible to everyone in the world should be a factor in helping people become friends and interact with people outside their home country, yet in tibia it seems to have ended up the complete opposite with people generally sticking with people that are from their own country.

As said, its a complicated issue to deal with and we have yet to decide what Dristin's final policy will be regarding all that.
Regards
-Relic