Version 0.002

All the latest Dristin info.
Relic
Developer
Developer
Version 0.002

Post by Relic » Jul 20, 2011 12:23 am

We've pretty much defined what version 0.002 will be and the features the game will start with. It will still be bare bones but have several systems in place to test. Our goal is to close this version in early/mid November, it may be sooner or later than that depending on how things go. The major things that you will see in this version are revised player movement, moving between levels, an NPC (Dennis, the guide), enemies, loot, light pvm/pvp systems, and an account system.

As work progresses, we will be posting some info and probably screen shots of how things are going.

-Rich
Regards
-Relic

Shinta

Re: Version 0.002

Post by Shinta » Jul 20, 2011 9:00 am

amazing can't wait
The bluest part of the sky seems so far away. I suppose thats what keeps us striving for it.

Why do people fear what they don't understand?

Reevez

Post by Reevez » Jul 21, 2011 10:54 pm

8-)
cheers for the erection
if i put some song lyrics or something technical and witty sounding in here maybe people will think i'm cool

Vitor

Post by Vitor » Jul 27, 2011 12:29 pm

Amazing, still waiting :]

Edana

@

Post by Edana » Aug 09, 2011 9:12 pm

HURRY UP!@!@q2E41111````
ℓ: i just had to take a 500 page psych text to a beetle in order to kill it, and i put enough force behind the blows to knock a man senseless
Clint - Pskonejott: bug abuse :(

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Aug 29, 2011 11:32 pm

Small update.

On 9/1 were going to have a meeting on the .002 release date. September 1 is our projected half-way point in this version. It looks like we are still on track for a 11/1 date, but we will determine if we think we can hit that on Thursday. I figured I'd give you guys a bit of info on what we've been doing.

I'm currently working on the account system & database. Account are created using the client, as we feel the website should be an additional resource to the game and not a requirement. Our goal is to be able to do everything needed from within the client itself rather than the website. Right now creating a character is pretty simple as you just type the name and select the sex, but in the future we will most likely add the ability to set your outfit during character creation.

Behold, super boring screenshot!
newacct.png
newchar.png
Doug has been working on revising some of the player/NPC framework in order to get functional items, better movement code, and our battle system working.

A few other things on my mind.
I've been considering blogging about what I'm doing every few days or so (kinda what this is i guess). I'm not sure if anyone is interested in that though. I'd probably talk about some mildly technical and general work I'm doing, and maybe ideas we've been discussing. If its something people want, then I may do it.

Tonight we discussed a feature we will be adding early on in development (still a ways off from now though). Were calling this feature 'battlefields'. As we've said before, we want to make Dristin about doing things other than simply power-leveling and one aspect of doing this is to provide events, mini games, quests and other things to keep you occupied. Battlefields will be areas here and there which are a constant event zone.

Basically you can imagine an area designated a battlefield in the same way a temple is designated a PZ. In this area there would be an NPC for each side. You would speak to the NPC for the side you want to join and he would join you to the battle. Once joined your characters inventory would be removed automatically for safe keeping (returned automatically when you leave the battlefield), you also loose nothing from dying while in a battlefield. You will gain new loot during the battle from killing the opposing team. You will also gain currency in which you can buy items from the NPC for use during the battle (health/mana pots, eq, etc). The items gained/bought during the battle will disappear once you leave the battlefield but money gained will remain yours. The battlefield will have several game types in which you can vote on such as capture the flag, team death match, zones (hold areas to take them over). There will also be some type of leader boards for the battlefields.

There are more details but I just wanted to share a bit of the ideas we have for the game.

I'll be posting on Thursday with some more info on our plans.

Thanks for staying interested
-Rich
Regards
-Relic

Ettelen

Post by Ettelen » Aug 30, 2011 8:35 am

Good morning,

I would like to give my first thoughts about it, but I warn you to don't consider it!

First about your blog idea, I believe it is the best thing you could do for the small communitty you have here waiting for fresh news. I don't think a blog would be the best though. If you create a session here only for that purpose, where we could comment the news, it would be perfect, pretty much like this thread, but on a specific place in the forum.

Battlefields, it would be a very interesting feature to keep people off powergaming. We all know where powergaming usually leads, so anything we could do to avoid it would be a good thing. One thing that crosses my mind though is the individuality of the player on this battlefields. What do you think about "public" battlefields? Something similar to counter strike where you can join teams anytime, this would help lonely people (like me) that usually don't have to much people to hang on the game (don't ask me why but I'm terrible at keep mates on game).

sorry for my terrible english skills, I will stop here because you already have to much on mind!
Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Aug 30, 2011 10:46 am

Ettelen wrote: Battlefields, it would be a very interesting feature to keep people off powergaming. We all know where powergaming usually leads, so anything we could do to avoid it would be a good thing. One thing that crosses my mind though is the individuality of the player on this battlefields. What do you think about "public" battlefields? Something similar to counter strike where you can join teams anytime, this would help lonely people (like me) that usually don't have to much people to hang on the game (don't ask me why but I'm terrible at keep mates on game).

sorry for my terrible english skills, I will stop here because you already have to much on mind!
The battlefields would always be open for anyone to join at any time. You would just walk up to the npc of the side you want to play on and ask him to join and poof your on that team until you leave the area.
Regards
-Relic

Epux

Post by Epux » Sep 09, 2011 10:25 am

nice to hear that your still working on the game ! and the battlefield idea sounds awesome

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Sep 16, 2011 12:17 pm

Small update to let you guys know our timeline. We are currently a couple weeks behind schedule and 11/1 doesn't look too good atm. At the end of this month we are going to see where we stand and should have a more concrete date. This is mainly because of several new features to be implemented which we didn't have a good idea on how long they would take to implement (npc, monsters, pathfinding). Our list of minimum go live requirements is more important to us than hitting a date. Still working hard though.
Regards
-Relic