What is Dristin?

All the latest Dristin info.
Relic
Developer
Developer
What is Dristin?

Post by Relic » Jan 18, 2008 1:44 am

Until i post a full rundown on whats going on, I'll put this up so people know what this is about.

Basically, Abraxis (Doug) and myself (Rich) have been working on our own online game for sometime and it will be ready with the very very basics to be played soon. We decided a long time ago that we like Tibia quite a bit but we feel Tibia is poorly run and lacks creativity. We also think that CIP does alot of things the right way in Tibia and is an inspiration for certain things we want to do. Personally, I love 2d games, and the graphic perspective of Tibia is something I have allways liked. Our game will use the same graphic perspective; 2d, tile based, 45 degree aspect. Our focus will be on a better community, much deeper quests and events. So called 'Powergaming' will be something that someone COULD do, but there will be many many things that should draw your attention away from simple hunting which is a huge downfall of Tibia.

Current status of the game is that we have connectivity to our server program using our client. Chat channels are mostly functional, graphics are loaded via information from the server, and we are currently working on the window system (when you click a 'options' button and a window opens with options, that is a part of the window system). We hope to begin our beta phase of the game soon. What you can do in the game once the beta begins will be limited. You will see each other, be able to walk around on the map, chat with each other and that will be it at first. At that time we will iron out the bugs from the framework of the game, and begin adding 'features' which means you might log on oneday and the update brings the ability to attack each other, or pickup items, etc..

For now, thats the quick rundown. Most of the FS members know alot of this allready and have seen graphics and things of that sort. As we get interesting things, we will put them here.
Regards
-Relic

Lord Shiphyer

Re: What is Dristin?

Post by Lord Shiphyer » Jan 30, 2008 2:54 pm

Really cool! :P

Which forecast to be ready?

Cya
~Ship!
wainting for dristin!

tommo

Post by tommo » Feb 21, 2008 4:55 pm

yeeeee, il play
i love tibia but it does get quite boring at times with there basic (knollage)if spelt right but ye
they dont no what we wnt how 2 make it better other then how 2 make more money off the fucker that ant how 2 run a game

gogoggo fs
u all ace

many thanks tommo
char on tib (ande zafoe)
:mrgreen:

swordaman

Post by swordaman » Mar 03, 2008 12:15 pm

sounds like a sweet game relic i hope its up soon so i can play it

Valiantz

Post by Valiantz » Mar 06, 2008 10:58 pm

Yo how ya guys doing? Haha This is Nebajepi "Tibia Trimera" Yo relic man, cant wait to play this game... Sounds very promising.. ,\,,/

Elfarran

Post by Elfarran » Mar 14, 2008 4:19 pm

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. ;)

Bo Jiggity Jenkins

Post by Bo Jiggity Jenkins » Mar 18, 2008 7:34 pm

Hey guys! I dont know if any of you remember me or not but I played on Trimera also and am rl friends with Melisande (Gary). He told me about this game tonight at work and I am pretty excited to help out with beta testing and playing it :)

GOOD LUCK!

Bo

Devil-ranger

Post by Devil-ranger » Mar 29, 2008 3:34 am

Hmm... How long we must to wait do play dristin? 8-)

Ghostface

Post by Ghostface » Apr 04, 2008 6:32 pm

not really concerned when the game will be released, but i was wondering how the game is coming along? have you guys created a map or anything like that yet?

DastiX

Post by DastiX » Apr 07, 2008 6:26 pm

This was posted roughtly 3 months ago, Can you give us an update by any chance?
"We do not want an expanding struggle with consequences that no one can foresee, nor will we bluster or bully or flaunt our power. But we will not surrender and we will not retreat."