04/13 - Weekend update.

All the latest Dristin info.
Relic
Developer
Developer
04/13 - Weekend update.

Post by Relic » Apr 13, 2008 11:29 pm

So from now on (at least until we get well into the testing stages), I'm going to be posting a rundown of the weeks progress. It should serve to keep me on task, and keep you guys informed.

This week the Gui system has progressed quite a bit. For some time we've been stalling on an issue with it which was resolved. For anyone who doesnt know what the gui is, GUI stands for Graphical User Interface. Essentially when you open a window, push a button, or anything like that you are using the gui. This week was spent rewriting the code behind how it works, and building the window designs, buttons, moving windows around when you drag them, etc.

Nothing super exciting for you guys, but the gui being completed is the last major hurdle before you get to help us break things (bug testing). Included is a screen shot of a fully operational window! (hurray for small things!)

Next week, I hope to announce that the gui will be complete or very nearly complete which will lead us into reworking some of the DirectX and server code to allow for people to help us test some things.

-Rich
Attachments
gui window.PNG
Fully functioning window!
Regards
-Relic

Infinity

Re: 04/13 - Weekend update.

Post by Infinity » Apr 13, 2008 11:35 pm

Jesus Christ frame rate...

Glad things are moving along well; hope to break something soon.

Shinta

Post by Shinta » Apr 28, 2008 10:44 pm

Nice hopefully it wont be so bad with the bugs and such
The bluest part of the sky seems so far away. I suppose thats what keeps us striving for it.

Why do people fear what they don't understand?

Edana

Post by Edana » Jul 11, 2008 4:51 pm

Relic wrote:So from now on (at least until we get well into the testing stages), I'm going to be posting a rundown of the weeks progress. It should serve to keep me on task, and keep you guys informed.
:roll:

I demand more updates!
ℓ: i just had to take a 500 page psych text to a beetle in order to kill it, and i put enough force behind the blows to knock a man senseless
Clint - Pskonejott: bug abuse :(

Lord Shiphyer

Post by Lord Shiphyer » Jul 11, 2008 4:58 pm

oh!! I really liked the 2D grafics in the other topic...
I hope i can kill my first dragon in dristin soon....
wainting for it!

gogo (relic || programmers) !!!

:P!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Genesys CTI Brazil - Professional Services
wainting for dristin!

Abscess
Developer
Developer

Post by Abscess » Jul 11, 2008 6:36 pm

lol nice touch with the ||
Signed,
-Ab

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Jul 11, 2008 6:42 pm

Edana wrote:
Relic wrote:So from now on (at least until we get well into the testing stages), I'm going to be posting a rundown of the weeks progress. It should serve to keep me on task, and keep you guys informed.
:roll:

I demand more updates!
Decided to hold off on the weekly updates (maybe i should have updated about that haha). Mainly because what weve been working on isnt so exciting really.
Regards
-Relic

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Jul 11, 2008 6:44 pm

Lord Shiphyer wrote:oh!! I really liked the 2D grafics in the other topic...
I hope i can kill my first dragon in dristin soon....
wainting for it!

gogo (relic || programmers) !!!

:P!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Genesys CTI Brazil - Professional Services
Dont forget Doug (ab)!

abscess && relic == programmers
Regards
-Relic

Trucker

Post by Trucker » Jul 12, 2008 12:46 pm

Well I am still around boss, looking forward to working out bugs been doing it a lot here lately for some other people making their own games wish I had the patience to make my own as well but I dont. Plus just an FYI for everyone, I got my baby boy his name is Fischer Ray Wilhelm he was 7lbs 11oz/21in and hes already developed blue green eyes like his dad he is just now a month old, my girls are doing good the 3 year old spends way too much time in the corner, and my one year old cant stay out of anything, kids got to love them. Other then my awesome kids and my wife life is shit though. well looking forward to beta testing, Rich take it easy.Its looking good Ive referred a lot of people to this already you do have people waiting.

Shinta

Post by Shinta » Aug 11, 2008 2:21 am

gratz man srry for late post
The bluest part of the sky seems so far away. I suppose thats what keeps us striving for it.

Why do people fear what they don't understand?