ROOK?

A place for all your Dristin chat
Reevez
ROOK?

Post by Reevez » Jan 20, 2008 12:23 am

Will there be an introduction island like Rook with Tibia? :arrow:
if i put some song lyrics or something technical and witty sounding in here maybe people will think i'm cool

Relic
Developer
Developer

Re: ROOK?

Post by Relic » Jan 20, 2008 12:27 am

We think that the Tibia 'rookgaard' doesnt really do much to teach newcomers. Rookgaard is essentially 'tibia lite' and does very little to explain how to play, good etiquete, etc. We havnt decided if a starter area is the right way to go yet. But there will certainly be some method of integrating new users into the game and teaching them to play. Rookgaard also serves another purpose. It makes it so creating a new character takes time, and this reduced the 'junk characters' slightly. So something in that vein will probably be done.
Regards
-Relic

DZP

Post by DZP » Jan 20, 2008 11:35 am

How about mentorship program>?

Experianced players would teach new ones how to play, in reward they would get some dristin items or cash

Pskonejott

Post by Pskonejott » Jan 21, 2008 5:45 pm

That would lead to an exponential growth in noobs :(

lvl 1 soon to be noob: Can I please have some items to help me start out?
lvl 180 noob: like this
lvl 180 noob: FREE ITENS PLX
Edana: I like the penis monster.

DZP

Post by DZP » Jan 21, 2008 8:41 pm

well , to cut speculations i ve meant such a mentorship program like that one from " Entropia Universe"

Tutors/mentors limited edition od item for thier work with noobs/newbies ( in The entropia universe noob have to achieve specifc level of skill - mentor tells him how to train, shows places, gives advices about hunting, tactics etc - well it depends of the game complexity really. )

To sum up: Theoretical framework for this idea, is to accelerate adoption of new players to game enivorments, challanges, with the use of experianced players (mentors/tutors) who would be rewarded (in the most suitable way) for thier effort put in the processes.

Amen for now.

Regards,
Paul \m/_

Reevez

Post by Reevez » Jan 21, 2008 10:25 pm

Lol, that's allot of work for actual "players" to do ;/
if you look at Runescapes way they have a simple one that shows everyone the A's and B's of the game, and it doesn't take too long like tibia's..
it's basically NPC's telling you what to do... and where to go next till you've completed the intro part of the game.

plastikowej hi = )
if i put some song lyrics or something technical and witty sounding in here maybe people will think i'm cool

Braxthor

Post by Braxthor » Jan 23, 2008 9:47 pm

mayb a place where u should do some missions, and that missions will teach the new players something?