Equipment and Weapons discussion

A place for all your Dristin chat
Fonetovo
Re: Equipment and Weapons discussion

Post by Fonetovo » Jul 07, 2008 6:43 pm

This summer's update here on tib's with all the "new" armors, Weapons, Bows & spell books....my exact first thought were.... "I don't really care :| "

The new Items have no appeal to me within the path of my game.

I personally like a variety of attainable items to offer flexiblity of choice for different situtations and volcations.....without a "Wallmart" style Selection.

I find myself somewhat turned off by the overabundance of items here now.

But I still want a "flaming Hockey Stick" incorporated into the game :lol: .

My thoughts

The Old Man
"The Old Man"

Antihero

Post by Antihero » Jul 07, 2008 11:31 pm

Infinity wrote:
Antihero wrote:Less is more.

Tibia was so much better without all this "+5% resistance" bullcrap.
As long as PvP/fighting is simple, and focuses more on player skill than items, I reckon people will be happy XD
World of Warcraft would like to have a word with you, sir.
Bah! I have no time for that Infidel!

Magus Binx

Post by Magus Binx » Jul 11, 2008 4:24 am

Although I like that they finally added benefits and penalties to items (for instance the +20 atk -20% accuracy crossbow, or sacrificing defense values for +skill levels) so that you can customize your character to your liking. . . Tibia has flooded the game with too many new items to choose from way too late in its history. They have also made old rare, once in a life time items, available for everyone again. Not that making the obtainable again is bad, but for everyone on the server to have the chance kind of turns you off from it. You get the idea that rather spending 5 million for supplies to do all the quests yourself to get a rare item, you'll wait for several groups of people go get it, so you can buy it for significantly less than the solo cost.

Mimming

Post by Mimming » Jul 13, 2008 10:44 am

Demon legs -.-
And hey, a 52 attack axe that is one handed, just ruined the great axe GOOD CIPSOFT

Carnagex

Post by Carnagex » Jul 14, 2008 6:58 am

I don't like the idea of having weapons go up consecutively, although it does depend on what sort of numbers are going to be on the equipment. Will it be numbers roughly the same as tibia? e.g Highest armor 17 or will the numbers go up higher?

The less items in game the better, to start with anyway.
Lucy in the sky with diamonds

Abscess
Developer
Developer

Post by Abscess » Jul 14, 2008 11:07 am

Carnagex wrote:Will it be numbers roughly the same as tibia? e.g Highest armor 17 or will the numbers go up higher?
No the number will not be close to tibia at all. They will go much higher. That just give more room for balancing/upgrading.
Signed,
-Ab

Shinta

Post by Shinta » Aug 11, 2008 2:37 am

I have been away for about 3 months sorry guys but I am back for a bit and ready to help out. While I was internetless for about 3 months I've been fiddiling around with some classic and new Final Fantasy Games wich to some ppl are the mother of all rpgs. I overead this question and thought about it. It seems that they did mass items tibia. But I was thinking how about making an item class such as daggers,Great sword. and have it to were that items quailty goes up.

say your a thife .
a thife starts out with a basic dagger or a knife. that could have like a +3 attack and then later on in that weapon class there is the ultimate dagger weapon wich is say a Head Cleaver that gives +60 to the attacking power. something like that. Also I say do add random useless items in the game. It will keep its rpg feel. ya know? I mean whats a house with out chest tables ect? well I hope this is clear.
The bluest part of the sky seems so far away. I suppose thats what keeps us striving for it.

Why do people fear what they don't understand?

Huxel

Post by Huxel » Aug 31, 2008 10:07 am

So,

i was thinking about spells and this things about "fire, earth, ice".... elemental spells...
I think that "the game that can't be called" miss, is the "unded" creatures....

have you played Rag? so, undeads lose "health" when you Heal them...

just like you hunt "ghouls" or "vampires" with IH, and UH runes... maybe "exura gran mas res" could be a type of "Healing UE"... what do you think about it?

Taeorious

Post by Taeorious » Sep 01, 2008 11:35 pm

Tibia lost its zeal for me years ago, but it really started going downhill fast, with the introduction of even more equipment that was completely worthless. Much of the new items that I saw being implemented, weren't any better than what was already in the game. There was no point in getting them, and getting them didn't even feel special. I don't see the point in having......flaming/poison/vorpal/electric shock weapons, and resistance/immunity equipment. Sorry but those kinds of items can easily be overused, and abused and often end up making the game too easy.

One of the fun things I found about Tibia years ago, when I learned about tibia.de and their list of all items in the game. Many I would ask about and discouraged I would find out that they weren't implemented on our server. Along came the quest system that we all know of, and suddenly anyone could get a crown set simply by right clicking on a dead tree. Suddenly the economy was flooded with hundreds of pairs of steel boots, demon helmets, golden armors, avengers, soft boots, etc etc, the list goes on and on. I don't like the fact that you can get 20-30 people together all to get all of the same items instantly.

I was a new player when you could only do quests once and that was it. I don't think that was right either, but it was a step in the right direction. I think rare items should be able to be had through quests, however quests that are active should be more like, tibias raids today, only unanounced. Therefore a group could go to "Lore's Island" to fight off slews of bad asses, only to find out that the quest for "Gluon's Plastic Pants" isn't active. However NPC's across the land have said that the leggings are the most powerful leggings in the game, therefore people try for the quest, sooner or later the quest is activeated and a group gets lucky. However not everyone in the group gets everyting in the quest. There is only one booty, and the group must decide how its split up. It could be random with a set value that wont allow the quest to be active again for say........20 days, or 50 days, and the quest is only active for that 24 hour period. Therefore if no one tries to do the quest that day, then the opportunity is lost. I don't think it should stay around, however that could also be an option as well.

Just some idea's, I don't think you need 58 different swords, if only 5 are going to be used. Afterall, what is the point in having them, if no one uses them?

This is just my opinion.

Mimming

Post by Mimming » Sep 02, 2008 11:10 am

Taeorious wrote: Just some idea's, I don't think you need 58 different swords, if only 5 are going to be used. Afterall, what is the point in having them, if no one uses them?

This is just my opinion.

You wouldn't believe the number of times i have said these exact words to Craban/cipsoft in the proposals thread. Every time goes unanswered.