Equipment slot location input

A place for all your Dristin chat
Magus Binx
Re: Equipment slot location input

Post by Magus Binx » Jul 11, 2008 4:09 am

WoW places the rings stacked on one side, AoC places one on each side. . . most MMO's I've played generally have a range of different ways of doing accessories, so it is really up to the maker's preference. My personal view is if you can only have 2 rings, it gives you the feeling of only having one per a hand and so having one under each hand. On the other hand, as long as I can tell which ones I have equiped, I could care less if they were put below the boot slot.

Carnagex

Post by Carnagex » Jul 14, 2008 6:47 am

I like the idea of having the 4 slots at the bottom for containers, I'm just not sure on the way the rings etc area has been set up.. Munx said something about some games having it in an entirely different window, in a way thats not a stupid idea. It would probably be much more complicated but say you were to drag a ring over your hand (which is already equipped) and a sub-window were to appear which you could drop the ring in? But then you wouldn't really be able to see which ring is being used.. Theres so many different options, explore them and see if you can come up with something unique (easier said than done I know). Pretty sweet that your asking for feedback, MAKES ME FEEL SPECIAL!!1
Lucy in the sky with diamonds

Shinta

Post by Shinta » Aug 11, 2008 2:42 am

Hmm not bad but how about it alters for class's? hmm a magic user is going need some slots for scrolls/runes and the archer is going need a spot for arrows and such. Other then that looks nice
The bluest part of the sky seems so far away. I suppose thats what keeps us striving for it.

Why do people fear what they don't understand?

Mimming

Post by Mimming » Aug 12, 2008 6:24 am

Are you going to be able to put backpacks inside backpacks?

And also i like the middle layout, the one to the right of it i hate, because the border lines are extremely highlighted, the middle one gives more of a looks like you have more than you actually have kind of thing to it, while the right one looks kinda like you have a limit.. If you kinda get what im saying.

The middle looks for loose and free. I also dont like the borders having 2+ lines, it should be 1 thin line and almost un-noticable, just like the middle

Rad Ultima

Post by Rad Ultima » Aug 21, 2008 9:10 pm

Hello!

Glad to see some familiar faces (well, names) here. :) How is everyone doing?

I like the style of the middle row, left column picture. For the ring slots, I think it would be nice to have the ring slots, etc. displayed horizontally either below the character diagrammed area if you don't show containers down there, or above the character equip area if you do show containers at the bottom.
Regards,
-David

Debukis Ondeteibou

Post by Debukis Ondeteibou » Sep 04, 2008 9:52 am

I rather the 8º one.
We need to see our equipament in a good location not too much separate from the ring,necklace and gold, those 3 things must be in our vision ( at least the ring and necklace, gold can be inside the bag ).
Tell me right now, what have you got to lose?
What have you got to lose, except your soul?

Who's with us ?

HAIL FOUL SOULS !!!!!!

Zeek

Post by Zeek » Mar 21, 2009 5:30 pm

One thing that bothered me about tibia was that it didnt have a glove/greaves slot, what do you think of adding a slot like that, and more ring slots would be nice too, I mean honestly we all have 10 fingers dont we ? ;p

Mkm-
To Live is to Sin...
Were all going to hell anyways.

DastiX

Post by DastiX » Mar 21, 2009 6:01 pm

Zeek wrote:One thing that bothered me about tibia was that it didnt have a glove/greaves slot, what do you think of adding a slot like that, and more ring slots would be nice too, I mean honestly we all have 10 fingers dont we ? ;p
Yeah we do all have 10 Fingers, but if we all ran around with 10 rings, it would more or less just be who has the best rings lol. I think 2 rings would be sufficient as a person has 2 ring fingers.
"We do not want an expanding struggle with consequences that no one can foresee, nor will we bluster or bully or flaunt our power. But we will not surrender and we will not retreat."

Zeek

Post by Zeek » Mar 21, 2009 7:07 pm

DastiX wrote:
Zeek wrote:One thing that bothered me about tibia was that it didnt have a glove/greaves slot, what do you think of adding a slot like that, and more ring slots would be nice too, I mean honestly we all have 10 fingers dont we ? ;p
Yeah we do all have 10 Fingers, but if we all ran around with 10 rings, it would more or less just be who has the best rings lol. I think 2 rings would be sufficient as a person has 2 ring fingers.

Yea I totally understand what you mean, what I said was an exageration, just trying to say more than one ring would be nice lol.

Mkm-
To Live is to Sin...
Were all going to hell anyways.

Cashier

Post by Cashier » Mar 27, 2009 7:58 pm

Not sure if this thread is still active didnt check dates.

I like the Bottom right picture/idea. except that its wide. the amulet should still be where it is in tibia. i have play WoW, Tibia runescape and about 50 other side meaningless mmorpg's. it jsut looks more natural.

as for who said key rings on both sides. i agree. most people dont carry 2 of something on one side =p

but ilove progress keepit up