PKing

A place for all your Dristin chat
Relic
Developer
Developer
Re: PKing

Post by Relic » Jan 30, 2008 9:16 pm

we'll most likley stick to a trophy idea at most.
Regards
-Relic

Rad Ultima

Post by Rad Ultima » Jan 31, 2008 6:23 pm

I personally think that's a neat idea about the trophy thing.
Regards,
-David

Adelphian

Post by Adelphian » Feb 06, 2008 10:02 pm

I seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously (to the infinity-ith power), hope that the death penalty isn't even CLOSE to what Tibia's is now.
Formerly Foul Soul Wannabe...

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Feb 06, 2008 11:02 pm

Adelphian wrote:I seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously (to the infinity-ith power), hope that the death penalty isn't even CLOSE to what Tibia's is now.
It will be a harsh death penalty, but not so much that you avoid doing things because you fear death. Having a to light of a death penalty makes people not care if they die or not. Dieing should be somthing you REALLY want to avoid. otherwise its meaningless. The downside to any online game is that internet issues will allways cause you to die when its not appropriate. Because of this, we will aim at some solutions to keep that to a minimum, and also, our death penalty will be a bit less harsh (you can read about it in the road map)
Regards
-Relic

Insomniaxe

Post by Insomniaxe » Feb 08, 2008 10:34 am

Hey all, got told about this game off a guy who is on OT server i have jus started playing. As some of u may remember i was in foul souls a long time ago, ended up quitting and joining a high end raiding guild in WoW.

Anyways reson im posting on this part of the forum is because on the ot i am currently playing they have this:

15:29 You see a Rare: Human Heart.
You see the heart of Noobie. It was ripped out by Reks. This is the heart of a player removed to prove that they were slain by another as a trophy!

Exactly what you guys are going on about. It is a great idea and i have pleanty of em around my house >:)

Hoberz

Post by Hoberz » Feb 13, 2008 2:32 am

There should be a reward for a number of times a person PKs (has to be different people, could be same if they were above a level or something).

Hey, don't blame me if this was stupid -- you know this is coming from someone who terrorized the lands of Trimera.

archer de la lumiere

Post by archer de la lumiere » Feb 13, 2008 8:35 pm

I got an idea.

might be stupid but anyways...

I think it would be beter if by cliking on a character a window could appears with the name of all the characthers that he have killed.

It might bring respect to a player if he is recognized for killing a hight level player or somthing like that.

thx.

im looking forward to the devlopement.
Though the snake dreams of soaring trough the sky...
He is forever doomed to crawl on his belly.
Dont worry snake, you will have your chance to fly one day...
In the talons of an Hawk.

--
l- R /-\ |\/ k the Hawk
l

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Feb 13, 2008 11:05 pm

We're leaning more towards not publicly displaying peoples killed by or who they've killed. The idea of a trophy would be the only system in place to serve as proof of someone you've killed (or a screenshot).
Regards
-Relic

Sah

Post by Sah » Feb 14, 2008 4:49 am

Maybe we could get trophies. One head here, one hand there. And then we could make a doll... and hang it on our wall. Or maybe get some super hyper strong creature's heart and then give life to the wallhanging and pet it! Or could become a summon hard to make... and then we could... ah Idk, I think its just too much TV...

archer de la lumiere

Post by archer de la lumiere » Feb 14, 2008 3:22 pm

oh yeah in that case a trophy will do the job.

but i dont think you need to remember yourself that you killed a certain player by a trophy its kinda useless.

otherwise you wana show the trophy to a friend or someone you know.

but then again it become public.

Lol.
Though the snake dreams of soaring trough the sky...
He is forever doomed to crawl on his belly.
Dont worry snake, you will have your chance to fly one day...
In the talons of an Hawk.

--
l- R /-\ |\/ k the Hawk
l