Current creatures

A place for all your Dristin chat
Abscess
Developer
Developer
Re: Current creatures

Post by Abscess » Apr 29, 2008 12:22 am

its ok shinta. Strongbah is just jealous. Jealous because you could miss his mom with a 39 and a half inch pole. She is a big country.
Signed,
-Ab

Hydlide

Post by Hydlide » May 14, 2008 12:08 am

You should make a race of monsters that only does raids. This race would do "smart" attacks on a city or town. They will defend, spawn in strategic places throughout the city and come with a boss "general" type of monster that requires more than 1 person to kill. For example, some "paralyze" and shoot you others, archer versions, just shoot you. The knight form would rush you to trap you. Some would spawn heavily around the outskirts of the city to prevent people from comming in or atleast making it diffcult to come into the city. They would all heal, etc. Makes it a challenge to fend off this monster invasion and it would require groups of people to fend it off so 1 person can't just solo it.

Abscess
Developer
Developer

Post by Abscess » May 14, 2008 5:04 pm

Relic and I have already discussed something very similar to what you are describing. We will have smart monsters that will raid towns. Better be prepared to fight for your town.
Signed,
-Ab

Obelysko

Post by Obelysko » May 16, 2008 10:20 am

Yeah im ready :twisted:
Malandrão eu, NÃO, ninguém é bobo,
Se quer Guerra terá,
Se quer Paz, quero em dobro,
Mais verme é verme, é o que é,
Rastejando no chão, sempre embaixo do pé,
E fala 1, 2 vez, se marcar até 3,
Na 4º xeque-mate, que nem no xadrez.

Mimming

Post by Mimming » May 18, 2008 12:12 am

Im having trouble seeing how all this advanced AI stuff is going to work, only considering the fact that after all these years Cipsoft still havent implemented anything like that, be it they have raids etc, but they arnt controlled, they just spawn and thats the end until server save.
Stuff like that thing where NPCs wont talk to you if you pk, its just a little far fetched in my opinion, but then its just my point of view and im still yet to see what you guys are capable of.

Abscess
Developer
Developer

Post by Abscess » May 18, 2008 12:35 am

Just because someone hasnt' done it yet doesn't mean its not possible. In fact that doesn't seem too bad compared to some of the other stuff we still need to program.

Just another thing i'd like to point out. Cip isn't a good example of what can and cannot be done in the programming world. They are not creative with their ideas. Given the right amount of time and knowledge, any thing is possible in programming.
Signed,
-Ab

Dajayman

Post by Dajayman » Jul 02, 2008 4:38 am

I actually played an OT a long time ago where the monster races would have wars with each other and would raid the main city. They would also have leaders that told the monsters to attack a certain player (usually the weaker one) and also their mages would heal some of their members. Also the monster AI was smart, such as the dragons wouldn't let you stay diagonal so that they could f-wave you. It is very possible to program this, I don't know why CIP didn't program the previously mentioned things.
\m/(^.^)\m/

Magus Binx

Post by Magus Binx » Jul 11, 2008 4:40 am

Although Cipsoft didn't really implement 'smart targetting' . . . Several of thier creatures do command 'minions' or 'pets' to attack a player of choice (their current target). To add a class priority target list to each mob type so that they go after a specific class if it is within a certain range might do the trick. . . .

For example: A Guardian type creature is attacking a player Knight and a player Mage walks into range, the Guardian would automaticly switch to the Mage, as it 'knows' it is a much softer target for melee creatures, while a caster type mob may choose the knight or archer players over magic type players due to their lower knowledge of the magic arts (mage players may have natural resistance to a damage type).

That is besides the point though. . the point is that I creature induced town siege is probably possible, but I agree with Doug, Cipsoft fails at coming up with their own ideas, look at the name of the game and several landmasses.

And Dajay, it took them maybe 4-5 years to think of putting in a target hopping function, I don't think they will ever make their older creatures 'smart' like that.

Mimming

Post by Mimming » Jul 13, 2008 10:30 am

I dont like how rounded and shiny the creatures are

lewda

Post by lewda » Aug 30, 2008 9:35 am

This game won't be nothing without Bob Honda, and he BETTER be the ruler of Canada :twisted: