PKing

A place for all your Dristin chat
Taeorious
Re: PKing

Post by Taeorious » Feb 17, 2008 12:19 am

Relic wrote:The world as envisioned by Tae...
Yeah dude, pretty much sums it up, I like it :D

Edana

Post by Edana » Feb 17, 2008 12:29 am

Man, imagine what Carlin circa 2004 would look like if Tibia had tombstones...
ℓ: i just had to take a 500 page psych text to a beetle in order to kill it, and i put enough force behind the blows to knock a man senseless
Clint - Pskonejott: bug abuse :(

Kenshin

Post by Kenshin » Feb 18, 2008 4:46 pm

Relic wrote:The world as envisioned by Tae...
"Here lies Kenshin~"

Pskonejott

Post by Pskonejott » Feb 18, 2008 6:35 pm

Rip off worms and have a different tombstone for each guild :)
Edana: I like the penis monster.

Hoberz

Post by Hoberz » Feb 24, 2008 4:08 am

Tombstones are good, but they should be cleared after each server save, to keep it from getting messy.

Matt the Hermit

Post by Matt the Hermit » Mar 06, 2008 11:04 pm

Pskonejott wrote:Could always make it something like "essence of <player>" and you can drink it to gain a % of the exp that they lost.
You would feed on those you've slain.

Cannibal.
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'M GOING TO SMACK YOU WITH A RAKE!

Reevez

Post by Reevez » Mar 09, 2008 9:04 pm

here is my one idea for this.
OK
each town have a grave yard, yes
on each grave yard there will be a certain amount of tomb stones.
Each time somone dies one of the tomb stones can say the persons name and who killed them.
once they are filled they just continue to get renamed if you know what i mean.
this means when somone dies they must go to this place.. check who did it.. before it gets refilled bla bla bla, and this means u must entra the city of his residence

will this dristin have serpent sword? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

my idea i think can be varied depending on w.e because atm am ON PILLS AUHAUHAHU
if i put some song lyrics or something technical and witty sounding in here maybe people will think i'm cool

Bringer

Post by Bringer » Mar 12, 2008 7:41 am

About drinking essences and receiving a portion of the lost exp.. This idea sounds great but it could be horribly exploited and abused.

I'm all for some type of trophy. A head is a bit much seeing as I plan on dying many times, and how many of my heads will be rolling around town? Diablo uses "Ears" which was just "Ear of Player" which I liked.

I'm not for "Ear of Player, killed by Player". That would take out all the fun detective work of trying to avenge your buddies. Some type of low-key system would be great.

Nameless

Post by Nameless » Mar 12, 2008 7:49 am

I agree on Bringers thoughts of the essence thing. It could be highly abused.

Though some kind of trophy, yes. That would be awsome. Instead of just having your name on their body, you have some "show of" thing from your victim.
Pure Insanity

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Mar 12, 2008 9:53 am

Bringer wrote:About drinking essences and receiving a portion of the lost exp.. This idea sounds great but it could be horribly exploited and abused.

I'm all for some type of trophy. A head is a bit much seeing as I plan on dying many times, and how many of my heads will be rolling around town? Diablo uses "Ears" which was just "Ear of Player" which I liked.

I'm not for "Ear of Player, killed by Player". That would take out all the fun detective work of trying to avenge your buddies. Some type of low-key system would be great.
Both Doug and I are not fan's of having 'killed by player x' stamped all over the place. It comes with alot of limitations. The ear idea is not bad. Regardless of what the trophy would be, it would most likley say something to the effect of "Ear of player" or "Toe of player" etc.
Regards
-Relic