Creating your character.

A place for all your Dristin chat
Magus Binx
Re: Creating your character.

Post by Magus Binx » Mar 22, 2008 1:26 am

Bringer wrote:Of course the first player to make the name would have all rights and powers to enable others to take his/her family name.

It's simply for more diversification. People who want to proclaim they are part of something besides a guild.

Would you think twice about attacking a guildless lvl 6 if his last name was Bringer?

I can just remember all the bullshit about protecting people who didn't carry the FS guild tag. It's a pain in the ass, people don't know the ties their victim have. Having alts in your guild suck too. I protected many close friends in Tibia who never carried the FS tag, and a lot of times they were harrassed and even killed because people were not aware of this. If they could have only been 'adopted' by me, taking my last name, not my guild, they would have been protected.

There's a lot of cool RP'ing elements that could be spawned from this.
Warning: Mass of Text Hits you for 10,000 braincells. Key elements are in black.

While I agree with Rich, in the fact that numerous entities popped up with "Bringer" after you started getting close to the top. I also have to agree with you in that, if you can control who possess that name, it would be easy to know who their ties are to. Although I would hope for the option to not show the name alongside my own but still show up when you "look" at me saying something like "Magus Binx of the Bringer Family. He is a member of the (Insert Guild Name here)." As, while "Bigus Hurtus Bringer" might look cool, some people prefer to keep their unique name unique.

I too remember the hardships of having people claim they are protected by such & such. I remember numerous occasions where I was in the middle of killing a theif or pk and they would say "FS protector me!" In which case I'd have to stop attacking message you, matt, rich or doug, or whatever other vice or next high ranking member might be on and ask if they actually were protected, 95% of the time they were lying, and instead of killing them once, I killed them a few more times just for trying to claim that which they do not possess.

There have also been times when a family name might have been useful, for example: One day I was tracking down this guy who had supposedly hacked or maybe just looted a friend's entire house. He claimed he did it, and so I started attacking him. Soon enough his friend Azgolar (sp? I know thats not right) jumped in trying to help him. Thank god I had known that Hunnie protected him before hand, but I still had to attack him to get his Hp low enough for him to run away instead of healing the 'hacker friend'. But, if I had known that Az~ was protecting him thru some sorta family system, I could have talked with Az~ after getting the confession from the 'hacker' and asked him to stay out of it instead of trying to get hunnie involved by forcing me to attack him as well.

I know there were also occasions when a family name could have easily benefitted myself as well. a few examples include(I don't think I have any examples when I was Matt's rune supplier, people generally didn't kill each other back then unless they were mass pking or had a damn good reason) Fleury having to call off his own guildmembers from trying to kill me especially with no good reason. One day (and I have never found out why) Fear the Spoon aka Nubx decided he hated me and thought I should die. He chased me all over venore, and I had messaged Fleury and he had to come find us both himself to prove that he was watching over me and that I was not to be harmed. Another case is when I was hunting in edron Cycs and one of Barriga and Rewri's friends was trying to kick me out. I attacked him, they came down to kill me, Fleury came down to kill them if they didn't stop attacking me.

In essence it is good to know who is really protecting who, and the family name may be a good way to do that.

Shinta

Post by Shinta » Apr 28, 2008 11:48 pm

I'll prolly just make a new one and call it shinta lol
The bluest part of the sky seems so far away. I suppose thats what keeps us striving for it.

Why do people fear what they don't understand?

Lemieuxx

Post by Lemieuxx » Jun 23, 2008 5:53 pm

Ill choose a diff name then my tibia name :)

Taeorious

Post by Taeorious » Jun 25, 2008 11:49 am

change that, Ill be Dr. Tran and i will be giving out the hot dickings.

Then im off to eat hickory-smoked horse buttholes

from a cup

Dajayman

Post by Dajayman » Jul 02, 2008 4:42 am

I will be Dajayman, not my Tibia name (which are too numerous to keep track of).
\m/(^.^)\m/

Mimming

Post by Mimming » Aug 12, 2008 6:31 am

Red ballsack of carlin

Crispt

Post by Crispt » Aug 20, 2008 8:02 pm

Im prolly going to make my name Schmanky or Levan too cause im a wannabe

Debukis Ondeteibou

Post by Debukis Ondeteibou » Nov 07, 2008 9:54 am

Sorry didn't saw here before :p

Mine will be the same name, Debukis Ondeteibou.
Tell me right now, what have you got to lose?
What have you got to lose, except your soul?

Who's with us ?

HAIL FOUL SOULS !!!!!!

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Nov 08, 2008 10:23 pm

Falcon, or Falcon Hero for me.

Just finally got to get back on this site since beginning of the year when I joined the US Army.

Hope the game starts soon I miss all my old skool trimeran buddies =(

and tibia's so gayy right now

Mimming

Post by Mimming » Nov 10, 2008 8:20 am

It really really is