Equipment slot location input

A place for all your Dristin chat
Relic
Developer
Developer
Equipment slot location input

Post by Relic » Jul 04, 2008 4:57 am

We were trying to decide what we wanted to represent on the equipment area of the client. We came up with the following theme with some variations. In the picture the key ring & gold piece are both going to be ring slots, but we have no ring graphics at the moment :P . What do you like & dislike. What would you add or change.
Attachments
eq.png
Regards
-Relic

Relic
Developer
Developer

Re: Equipment slot location input

Post by Relic » Jul 05, 2008 12:28 am

Added 2 new styles. middle right & bottom right. The bottom right shows how we are looking to do our backpacks. You will have 4 slots at the bottom that can be used for containers.
Regards
-Relic

Munx

Post by Munx » Jul 05, 2008 1:48 am

It'd make more sense if the rings were like...on either side of the legs just below the hands. Its kinda odd how they're stacked to the side like that. The 4 slots at the bottom for Containers is a great idea though.

Abscess
Developer
Developer

Post by Abscess » Jul 05, 2008 8:12 am

They are stacked on the side because they are accessories. Just out of curiousity does it make more sense because thats all you have seen. Are you views all based on tibia's layout? How have you seen it done in other games?
Signed,
-Ab

Fonetovo

Post by Fonetovo » Jul 05, 2008 8:25 am

Being as I don't have alot of exp playing other RPGs my views and input would tend to be "tibia" tainted :oops:

Nice to see some pics of the progress and I like the container slots.

Any chance of a "beer" slot? How about a "flaming Hockey stick" to equip instead of the "Tree Branch" in the pics.

:D
"The Old Man"

Abscess
Developer
Developer

Post by Abscess » Jul 05, 2008 9:46 am

Still would like your input even if its bais. A good format is something that is very easy to understand for anyone new and old to the games.
Signed,
-Ab

Munx

Post by Munx » Jul 06, 2008 2:07 am

Haha, a flaming hocky stick and a Red Jersey with a flaming C on it.

On most console RPG's I've played its been a whole separate window entirely, although that probably wouldn't work well. I don't think its a Tibia bias to want the accessories to correspond to their proper places on the body though, it just seems to make sense that way.

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Jul 06, 2008 11:27 am

Munx wrote:Haha, a flaming hocky stick and a Red Jersey with a flaming C on it.

On most console RPG's I've played its been a whole separate window entirely, although that probably wouldn't work well. I don't think its a Tibia bias to want the accessories to correspond to their proper places on the body though, it just seems to make sense that way.
NOTED: proper place for rings are at the knees.
Regards
-Relic

Munx

Post by Munx » Jul 09, 2008 8:04 pm

knee rings > floating rings

DastiX

Post by DastiX » Jul 11, 2008 1:31 am

I like the last one (one with bags on the bottom) Most MMORPG's use similar layout and they work great as long as they are simple and work!
"We do not want an expanding struggle with consequences that no one can foresee, nor will we bluster or bully or flaunt our power. But we will not surrender and we will not retreat."