Attachments
untitled.PNG
Regards
-Relic

Debukis Ondeteibou

Re: Fun with map editor!

Post by Debukis Ondeteibou » Jan 24, 2009 12:05 am

Can you make a book ? .. .. . on the table ? :P
Tell me right now, what have you got to lose?
What have you got to lose, except your soul?

Who's with us ?

HAIL FOUL SOULS !!!!!!

Mimming

Post by Mimming » Jan 24, 2009 10:43 pm

As much as i appreciate aqua teen, do you have any actual dristin screens? lol

Rad Ultima

Post by Rad Ultima » Jan 25, 2009 1:42 pm

I love seeing screenshots of the editors and stuff that you all have made. Quite interesting!
Regards,
-David

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Jan 25, 2009 2:22 pm

Rad Ultima wrote:I love seeing screenshots of the editors and stuff that you all have made. Quite interesting!
We have been focusing on the map editor for a while now. It is built using the Dristin engine. This allows us to work on the map editor as a program, while also tweaking our game engine for the client.

For instance, last night we did some rewriting of our render code. Previously drawing 1815 tiles resulted in around 60fps, we are now able to draw 6720 tiles at the same framerate. To break that down for you.

15 tiles wide, by 11 tiles high is the ammount of tiles drawn on the tibia play area, This will also be the ratio Dristin will use. 1815 tiles total, would be 11 objects drawn on every single location in youre viewable play area.

using the same ratio, 6720 tiles would be more than 40 tiles VISIBLE on every single square in youre viewable play area. keep in mind that items 'hidden' by stacking more than 10(i believe it's ten in tibia, it WILL be 10 in dristin) on a space are not drawn, meaning you cant force much over 1815 tiles to draw as a player (there are some exceptions, like objects that allways draw regardless of how much stuff you pile on them).

So as you can see, work done on the map editor, is also work done on the client. We are adding and tweaking some final things before we consider the map editor to be a fully functional program. That being drawing multiple levels (ie, drawing a roof over you're head, higher/lower levels.), completing the animation code, and a few other minor details. Once we get those things in place, I'll give a quick 'tour' of the map editor for you guys.

As far as the game's status. As we said (too long ago), the map editor is really the final piece of the puzzle before we can start some real testing.

..kinda got off on a tangent there.
Regards
-Relic

DastiX

Post by DastiX » Jan 25, 2009 5:12 pm

^ Cool, Interesting :)
"We do not want an expanding struggle with consequences that no one can foresee, nor will we bluster or bully or flaunt our power. But we will not surrender and we will not retreat."

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Jan 26, 2009 2:53 am

just for mimming ;)

Was testing some grass tiles i made. Bereave made the source texture. at least he can feel like he contributed
Attachments
untitled.PNG
Regards
-Relic

DastiX

Post by DastiX » Jan 26, 2009 3:07 am

Relic wrote:just for mimming ;)
Was testing some grass tiles i made. Bereave made the source texture. at least he can feel like he contributed
Nice, now put some bugs on there and let me start hunting! :D
"We do not want an expanding struggle with consequences that no one can foresee, nor will we bluster or bully or flaunt our power. But we will not surrender and we will not retreat."

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Jan 26, 2009 11:29 am

Testing sprites. I think I need to work on creating more artwork lol. we are a bit lite on terrain graphics :(
Attachments
untitled.PNG
Regards
-Relic

Rad Ultima

Post by Rad Ultima » Jan 26, 2009 5:17 pm

Nice!

And thank you for the details on the map editor. It's an inspiring piece of work there.
Regards,
-David