EXP and Skills

A place for all your Dristin chat
Keeper of death
EXP and Skills

Post by Keeper of death » Mar 05, 2009 6:26 pm

To the maker's of Dristin,
In regards to skills, i just wanted to say that Tibia has an ok skill system at best and wanted to suggest a slightly better, in my opinion, way to "skill up".
In tibia you usually trained if you wanted better skills. you know, sitting down in the slime dungeon or with a monk for days and days, but no matter what you trained on you skilled the same amount weather you were hitting a monk or a rat or a demon... my suggestion is if you are attacking, for example in a demon hunt, a demon, the blood hits on a demon would give you more skill "exp". this way you would be more motivated to quest and hunt and it should be you only get skill for blood hits. none of that every 15 misses you need a blood hit crap, because its more realistic this way.

Idk its just my suggestion,

keep up the great work,
Keeper

Relic
Developer
Developer

Re: EXP and Skills

Post by Relic » Mar 05, 2009 6:51 pm

Keeper of death wrote:To the maker's of Dristin,
In regards to skills, i just wanted to say that Tibia has an ok skill system at best and wanted to suggest a slightly better, in my opinion, way to "skill up".
In tibia you usually trained if you wanted better skills. you know, sitting down in the slime dungeon or with a monk for days and days, but no matter what you trained on you skilled the same amount weather you were hitting a monk or a rat or a demon... my suggestion is if you are attacking, for example in a demon hunt, a demon, the blood hits on a demon would give you more skill "exp". this way you would be more motivated to quest and hunt and it should be you only get skill for blood hits. none of that every 15 misses you need a blood hit crap, because its more realistic this way.

Idk its just my suggestion,

keep up the great work,
Keeper
When you finally get to play Dristin, you will see many things that make you think 'Wow, this is just like Tibia'. That is/allways was our intent. We loved Tibia, we just hated the way it was managed. That being said, the gameplay will be different, that includes skills. The way the skill system works in Tibia will NOT be applicable to Dristin. Dont have time (atm) to go into the specifics, but you can rest assured it wont be the same.

You can call us Rich and Doug, Relic and Abscess, whichever you like. Were not so formal to need to be called 'the makers' hahah ;)
Regards
-Relic

Abscess
Developer
Developer

Post by Abscess » Mar 05, 2009 7:12 pm

Keeper of death wrote:my suggestion is if you are attacking, for example in a demon hunt, a demon, the blood hits on a demon would give you more skill "exp". this way you would be more motivated to quest and hunt and it should be you only get skill for blood hits. none of that every 15 misses you need a blood hit crap, because its more realistic this way.
Just to point out, You actually do advance in skill faster for blood hits in tibia. Training with a monk with to monster hitting the monk and your hit timed after their will result in much much quicker training and also allow you to use a very very weak weapon to make blood on the monk.

And on a side note, ya we are not fomal at all. We are the anti-formal!
Signed,
-Ab

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Mar 05, 2009 8:15 pm

deunnonformal
Regards
-Relic

Abscess
Developer
Developer

Post by Abscess » Mar 05, 2009 10:13 pm

imdeunnonformalless
Signed,
-Ab

Shinta

Post by Shinta » Mar 06, 2009 8:11 am

And you can call me bob pants sponge square...
I also had a bit of a suggestion. Instead of maby training skills, you can make it were everytime you level you get like 4-5 skill points to add um to were you like?
The bluest part of the sky seems so far away. I suppose thats what keeps us striving for it.

Why do people fear what they don't understand?

DastiX

Post by DastiX » Mar 07, 2009 4:30 pm

Shinta wrote:And you can call me bob pants sponge square...
I also had a bit of a suggestion. Instead of maby training skills, you can make it were everytime you level you get like 4-5 skill points to add um to were you like?
Thats like alot of other Games... I hate it when its like that. I love seeing a Level 20 skiller lay some beat downs on a 35 level rusher.
Also if that was implemented, Everyone would just XP Whore as soon as they started the game. With skills being unaffected by Levels it makes people want to train a bit and get some skills first so they can withstand some bad situations.
"We do not want an expanding struggle with consequences that no one can foresee, nor will we bluster or bully or flaunt our power. But we will not surrender and we will not retreat."

DZP

Post by DZP » Mar 07, 2009 9:18 pm

Well i think the best skill/exp system is in classic RPGs ( games like Baldure's Gate, Icewind Dale, or lately Mass Effect etc ( mostly all bio ware's rpg games )) where with the advance of level u are getting pool of points to invest in particular skill/skills ) Moreover, there should be some limitis for the maximum level to be achieved (what could change over time)- example works pretty well in WoW )

The problem with tibia is ,that the game became overstatisticated
Matematics/Statistic became more important than Role-Playing Spirit... To "mean" something in game u have to have XXX lev, and XXX skills and XXX shit... - What obviously encurages having no-life, being a stats-whore, botting , and chars trade...