About guilds.

A place for all your Dristin chat
Debukis Ondeteibou
About guilds.

Post by Debukis Ondeteibou » Jan 28, 2008 6:38 pm

Will be there some way to join and/or create guilds ?
Tell me right now, what have you got to lose?
What have you got to lose, except your soul?

Who's with us ?

HAIL FOUL SOULS !!!!!!

Relic
Developer
Developer

Re: About guilds.

Post by Relic » Jan 28, 2008 8:58 pm

eventually yes, but not at first.
Regards
-Relic

Hoberz

Post by Hoberz » Feb 24, 2008 4:12 am

Should be referred to clans, rather than guilds to keep it different from Tibia.

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Feb 24, 2008 10:54 am

'Guild' is not an idea from Tibia. Really, either name would work, although its completly unimportant atm.

1. an organization of persons with related interests, goals, etc., esp. one formed for mutual aid or protection.
2. any of various medieval associations, as of merchants or artisans, organized to maintain standards and to protect the interests of its members, and that sometimes constituted a local governing body.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/guild
Regards
-Relic

Hydlide

Post by Hydlide » May 13, 2008 11:57 pm

For the guilds whenever they are put into the game, maybe you can have like server sponsored challenges (war) for the guild. Like a guild will challenge another in a single battle war thats recognized by the server. The server shows all involved guild members a time limit and in the time limit you have to acquire the most frags or kill off the opposing guild whatever. But if you defeat your enemy your prize should be their guildhall. Also guilds should be able to have more than 1 guildhall, like 2-3 or so to have multiple "bases" in what they find to be strategic locations for an actual war. Of course, you want to impose a limit on that so that the strongest guild doesnt just go waging war to own them all.

Abscess
Developer
Developer

Post by Abscess » May 14, 2008 5:03 pm

A decent idea, but having something like that in game would give people a way to fight with no penalty unless you were still meaning to have the death penalty present (which from your typing I assumed you didn't). However, we can create special events that occur from time to time, in which you make teams from within a guild to fight in a tournment.
Signed,
-Ab

Hydlide

Post by Hydlide » May 15, 2008 1:55 pm

I did intend for the penalty of death to be present. The only difference between what my idea is and an actual war(war to eliminate a rival guild from game) is that you fight simply for the guild hall and for that to happen it has to be recognized by the game server, not just a bunch of players killing another bunch of players like normal. Like this 1 guild can formally challenge another and it would also make guilds want to practice pvp and stay on top of it, or it could mean them losing their guildhall or "territory". I think it'd be better than a tournament because that way it can happen whenever and it doesnt have to be formally set up once in a blue moon by a GM or an admin or something.