Hi

A place for all your Dristin chat
Mimming
Hi

Post by Mimming » Apr 06, 2012 6:03 am

Sup

Are there any barriers to you guys putting up a constant server theoretically tomorow, of what you've made thats working so far?
My itch for this has become so huge that I need a small place to fuck around on to tide me over

Also, please dont ever make microtransactions for eq/gp/exp ingame, Runescape very recently done this and the amount of backlash in the forums is incredible. You can now basically pay for exp, so the richest become the best in a matter of days

It seems the market for your MMO is still massively there, All I now have to look forward to is basically Diablo 3, and even with that im not pleased with the rl money auction house for items.

HI. PLEASE ENTERTAIN ME AND TAKE MY MONEY
I JUST WANT TO KILL SOME DRAGONS AGAIN :(:(:(

Scientist

Re: Hi

Post by Scientist » Apr 06, 2012 8:09 am

I wanna be the very best
Like no one ever was
To hunt them is my real test
To skin them is my cause!

I will travel across the land
Searching far and wide
Each Dragon to kill and loot
The treasure that's inside

Dragon, its you or me!
I know it's my destiny
Ice spells, oh, you're my best friend
In a world we must defend
Dragon, a heart so true
Our courage will pull us through

You burn me and I'll kill you...
DRAAAAAAAAaaaAAAAAaaaAAGON

Dragon, gotta hunt 'em all!

Every challenge along the way
With courage I will face
I will battle every day
To claim my rightful place

Come with me, the time is right
There's no better team
Arm in arm we'll win the fight
It's always been our dream

man i can't wait to hunt some pikachus

Relic
Developer
Developer

Re: Hi

Post by Relic » Apr 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Mimming wrote:Sup

Are there any barriers to you guys putting up a constant server theoretically tomorow, of what you've made thats working so far?
My itch for this has become so huge that I need a small place to fuck around on to tide me over

Also, please dont ever make microtransactions for eq/gp/exp ingame, Runescape very recently done this and the amount of backlash in the forums is incredible. You can now basically pay for exp, so the richest become the best in a matter of days

It seems the market for your MMO is still massively there, All I now have to look forward to is basically Diablo 3, and even with that im not pleased with the rl money auction house for items.

HI. PLEASE ENTERTAIN ME AND TAKE MY MONEY
I JUST WANT TO KILL SOME DRAGONS AGAIN :(:(:(

Aside from nothing to do while logged on, there is nothing stopping us from running the server. The vast majority of work we've done has been back end stuff so content is very light still. The list of things I talked about in the v0.002 post still holds true, once that functionality is complete, the server will go up.

I am very against micro transaction supported games. Today's model of free to play is barely that, its now mostly free to look at, but expect to be nickel & dime'd on everything you do. Some day, when I'm in my 90's and the game actually is good enough to charge for (;)), we will have a robust free game with a premium subscription system. The only thing close to micro transactions I can foresee would be things that have no bearing on game play, but even then probably not.
Regards
-Relic