Device Compatibility

A place for all your Dristin chat
Rad Ultima
Device Compatibility

Post by Rad Ultima » Apr 27, 2015 12:56 pm

Hey guys,

Glad to see some movement again here these last couple of months. I wanted to stir up a conversation about devices that would run Dristin. Is everything hard set to Windows at current?

Gaming seems to be shifting to a more web and mobile focused platforms outside of the current gen consoles. I actually find myself almost always on a Chromebook or my Android device and haven't used Windows much at all lately.

Do you have any thoughts or ideas on this?

-David

Relic
Developer
Developer

Re: Device Compatibility

Post by Relic » Apr 27, 2015 3:29 pm

this is the major reason for what we've been doing. The client used to be windows only using directx. It's now written using SDL which will allow us to port it to most anything. To start, we are maintaining Windows & Linux builds mainly because that is the easiest workflow at the moment. Once we have the client completed again we'll then port it to Mac, and Android iOS and anything else that is reasonable for us to maintain. Tablet support is certainly on the list. Honestly haven't put much thought into chromeOS so I don't know what it would take, but I suspect it wouldn't be much more difficult than porting to anything else.
Regards
-Relic

Rad Ultima

Re: Device Compatibility

Post by Rad Ultima » Jun 12, 2015 9:01 pm

Hey Rich, thanks for the reply. That is really great news. I could definitely see myself playing a game like this on a tablet.
Regards,
-David