Exiva?

A place for all your Dristin chat
Mimming
Exiva?

Post by Mimming » Feb 15, 2008 3:46 pm

Will there be exiva or something like it to find people really fast?

Abscess
Developer
Developer

Re: Exiva?

Post by Abscess » Feb 15, 2008 5:18 pm

Mimming wrote:Will there be exiva or something like it to find people really fast?
Some type of Person locate spell will be available. Exactly how it will work and what it will show/say is still not decided upon.
Signed,
-Ab

Mimming

Post by Mimming » Feb 15, 2008 5:27 pm

Whats your personal opinion on the whole find person thing anyway?

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Feb 15, 2008 5:39 pm

My opinion is that its good to be able to find someone in a general way, but not good to be able to pinpoint them exactly. In World of Warcraft, there is no method to find a player. If someone kills you, you cant really find them if you want revenge. This is frustrating because of course you want revenge! Also its helpful in non pvp situations, where you might want to find a friend to help them and such. It also should not be too exact as that takes too much of the work out of the process of finding a player.
Regards
-Relic

Shinta

Post by Shinta » Apr 29, 2008 12:58 pm

I think you should have a find person spell but not say were exactly there at. I also think maby the warlock class should have a high level spell called teleport were if there strong enuff they can teleport right to the person. But Make it a high level spell, and make it were you need a specail item like a pair of winged boots or something that would be kick ass.
The bluest part of the sky seems so far away. I suppose thats what keeps us striving for it.

Why do people fear what they don't understand?

Mimming

Post by Mimming » Jul 13, 2008 10:50 am

When you plan on releasing it, how big do you think the map would be in comparison to tibia?
Say.. the size of edron or something etc.

One of the things i really want sussed about this game to NOT be like tibia is the finding player interface, or exiva.
Im thinking maybe it should just always say to the north or to the south, no matter how far away you are from the player

Relic
Developer
Developer

Post by Relic » Jul 13, 2008 12:42 pm

were actually talking about changing how to track players. If we do what were thinking, it would be a huge change from what you know in tibia.
Regards
-Relic